Peter Lotze, MD, FACOG
Click here to download Initial Intake Patient Registration Form for Dr. Lotze's - Please print, complete and bring to your first appointment.
Dr. Lotze is the first fellowship-trained Urogynecologist to establish a practice here in Houston. He specializes in the evaluation and treatment of female pelvic health and urinary incontinence. Areas of interest include prolapse (e.g. cystocele, rectocele, uterine / vaginal prolapse), complaints of urinary incontinence, irritative bladder symptoms (frequency, urgency), urinary retention, recurrent bladder infections, and painful bladder syndrome (also called Interstitial Cystitis). State-of-the-art technology including flexible cystoscopy and multichannel urodynamics are available for patient assessments. Treatment options that include both medical and surgical management are thoroughly reviewed with each patient. Emphasis is placed on the patient pursuing treatment options she feels are appropriate for her quality of life. Dr. Lotze resides in Missouri City with his wife, Sasha, and two sons, Reagan and George.
Dr. Lotze is the director of the Fellowship Program in UroGynecology here at Ob/Gyn Associates.
Dr. Lotze is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Ob/Gyn, Division of UroGynecology for the University of Texas, Houston. He is the Director for the Anatomy Lab for the Department of OB/Gyn Resident Education at the University of Texas, Houston. He has published several articles in the area of UroGynecology and remains actively engaged in research in pelvic health issues.
Dr. Lotze serves on several hospital boards at The Woman's Hospital of Texas. He is the Co-Chairman for the Texas Clinical Symposium on Female Pelvic Surgery - an annual 5-state meeting designed to improve physician knowledge in the field of pelvic reconstructive surgery. He is Chairman of PURE-HOPE – a national patient support group for pelvic pain.
- College or University - Texas A&M University
Degree - B.S., Microbiology
- College or University - Baylor College of Medicine
Degree - MD
- Internship - Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Houston, TX
- Residency - Baylor College of Medicine, Department of OB/Gyn, Houston, TX
- Fellowship - Women's Continence Center of Greater Rochester, Rochester, NY
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Board Certified
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Board Certified
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American UroGynecology Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Houston Gynecology and Obstetrical Society
- The Woman's Hospital of Texas
- Fannin Surgicare Center
- St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital
Procedures Available To His Patients (Including but not limited to):
- Laparoscopic and vaginal hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic suspension surgery of the uterus, vagina and bladder
- Laparoscopic urinary incontinence surgery
- Laparoscopic and vaginal correction of prolapse with mesh or graft augmentation
- Vaginal sling surgery for urinary incontinence
- Laparoscopic correction of bladder fistulas
- InterStim neuromodulation for the overactive bladder
- Botox bladder injections